Friday, June 19, 2009

Post-Worlds Emoing.

right. so worlds has been done for 5 days. 5 solid days to reflect and review(hey just like post-EOYs trauma!) Worlds was fun. The questions were stimulating and the atmosphere was great. I was quite disappointed with 2 major aspects though.

Firstly the debates. The adjudicating could have been MUCH better. There was only 1 adjudicator per room, and they were all voluntary. I'm not being a sore loser here but I think that RGS didn't deserve to win debates. To be honest, in Nationals, I didn't see much of debating skill there. Even if they spammed content, the style section is also quite important. So I'm rather astounded as to how they managed to win it.

Second. I was quite disappointed that I didn't get a medal for lit, especially since I consider my self to be quite good at it. I guess it's down to me not mugging hard enough.

Oh well. I hope i can do it again next year(right, Mr Lim?).

No comments:

Post a Comment